Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I would like to thank all those who have been following my blog throughout these years. The number of daily visits encourages me to keep this blog active with regular updates. Some have even sent me e-mails and asked me whether there are any exhibitions in the pipeline. I am presently busy on a daily basis in my studio, where commissioned works take most of my time.New works, mostly paintings, have been unfolding regularly. A new collection of abstract works is also gradually taking shape and I am keeping it aside for a future show. I am taking my time to find the right opportunity and venue to exhibit my work. As regards contemporary art, some new ideas and projects related to interventions on the natural environment are ready to be developed and documented. I am very excited about the finalisation of these projects and it is just a matter of a few months when life on the sister island becomes less hectic and photographic documentation is facilitated by the sensual autumn light. Roaming around unspoilt and solitary natural spaces makes me feel at ease - it is in such places where some of my ideas and thoughts are staged, away from the hustle and bustle and formalities of everyday life. My other project, Aging Mirrors, is still in progress and will take longer than expected to complete.